Republican, Democrat, or Independent, there’s only one party that matters this political season – it’s the one on The Circle in Georgetown that kicks off Sussex County’s Return Day celebration.Sussex County’s unique, after-election event promises plenty of music, games, food, and more as winners and losers will come together with the community on Thursday, Nov. 8th, to celebrate the end to the 2018 campaign season. But before the familiar parade and ceremonial ‘burying of the hatchet’ on Return Day itself, the party gets started the night before on Wednesday, Nov. 7th, with a cornhole tournament and an evening of toe-tapping music, featuring local favorites The Jones Boys, Big Hat No Cattle and The Funsters. National bluegrass act, Junior Sisk will be playing on the Circle. CHANGE... Food vendors and cold brews from the Georgetown-Ellendale VFW Post 2931 beer wagon will be on tap beginning at 5 p.m. Wednesday as the ox roasts and music lineup takes center stage. The evening schedule includes:
- The Jones Boys, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. (free);
- Cornhole tournament, 6:30 p.m. until, featuring up to 32 teams tossing it out for $350 in cash prizes and bragging rights. Two-player teams will compete in double-elimination, best-of-three contests (cost is $20 per player, and teams must register in advance); This year inside the Firehouse on the corner of S Bedford & Pine streets.!
- Junior Sisk, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. (free);
- Big Hat No Cattle, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. (free);
- The Funsters, 9:30 to 10:30 p.m. (free).
All events will be held on The Circle in downtown Georgetown, exceptthe cornhole tournament will be held inside the Georgetown Fire Company fire hall, located one block south of The Circle at the corner of Bedford and Pine streets.For more information, visit www.returnday.com. To register for the cornhole tournament, please contact Bob Lawson at (302) 684-8844 or the Sussex County Return Day Committee at (302) 855-0722.